Wednesday, May 10, 2023

UCP's record on labour issues

 


Alberta Views recent published an article I wrote about the UCP's record on labour issues. The article reprises and extends a chapter I wrote with Susan Cake and Jason Foster in a new book entitled Anger and Angst: Jason Kenney's Legacy and Alberta's Right (which is also worth a look).

The nub is basically that UCP labour policy can be best understood as an effort to shift the cost of labour from employers to workers by grinding wages and working conditions. The effect, particularly on and in Alberta's public-sector has been significant. Since the Alberta View's article is open access, I'll leave it for you to read more if you like.

-- Bob Barnetson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why can I find this on the the Athabasca course site? Your opinions of the UCP government are your own. I as a student should not see it on my course page. I will be filing an official complaint against you

Bob Barnetson said...

Fill your boots, buddy!